Author: Maz Maddox
Book: Heartache & Hoofbeats
Series: Stallion Ridge, Book #1
Page/Word Count: 65K words
Categories: Cowboys & Westerns, Gay Romance, Shifter Romance
Release Date: May 28, 2018
Cover Artist: Shaleah Poster
When word comes in that the notorious Iron Bandits are making a play for a train in his territory he’s both livid and invigorated. If anyone can bring these thieves to justice it’s him and his crew.
What he did not expect was having a charming, whiskey-eyed outlaw dumped in his lap that challenged everything he thought he knew.
About Maz Maddox:
Maz is an m/m romance fanatic, dabbles in yaoi, adores dinosaurs and writes romance stories with a healthy heaping of adventure mixed in. When she’s not pairing up Centaurs with bank robbers, she’s plotting new stories and sending inappropriate texts to her friends.
Interview with Maz Maddox:
- As an author myself, I know inspiration can strike at the most inopportune moments (like in the shower, when you don’t have anything to write with!). So, what was the inspiration behind Heartache & Hoofbeats? I was actually working at a police station at the time, so law enforcement was always on my mind. I love mythology and shifters and since I live in Texas, the cowboy aesthetic is kinda always around. It was a weird perfect storm of ideas and downtime working an overnight shift!
- What is the hardest part of that process for you? Outlines and blurbs. UGH. I hate them. I’m a pantser through and through but I have to outline to make my editor stop glaring daggers at me. To be fair, it does help tremendously, but god. I hate it.
- There’s a big leap a writer takes from putting words down on paper for the love of it and actually publishing those words for public scrutiny. What was that journey like for you? Here’s the thing. I’m kind of chicken shit when it comes to putting myself out there. I was extremely fortunate to have a very amazing and supporting group of people behind me. Each time I faltered or felt like it wasn’t good enough, they were there to keep pushing and encouraging me. Honestly, I don’t think I would have been brave enough to do it without them.
- What one piece of advice would you give an aspiring writer? In the m/m romance genre, the community is amazing. I’ve reached out to so many beginner and established authors for advice on everything under the sun, and I’ve been welcomed with open arms. Find your community — the readers and authors — and get in there. Make friends, find good people. We will help you!!
- What can readers expect from you next? The Stallion Ridge series will continue for 6 or 7 books, and I plan on making each book better than the last. I have so many awesome adventures planned for the lawmen of that small town! More gunfights, romance and badass mythical shifters. It’s going to be a blast.
- You’re auditioning for a singing competition, what’s your song: Dinosaur Laser Fight by Ninja Sex Party.
- If you were ice cream, what flavor would you be: Mazzy’s Mocha Madness.
- Sleep with your socks on or off: Off. What kind of crazy, backwards temperature person wears socks to bed?
Where to find Maz Maddox:
This contest is hosted by the author and/or promotional company, and Jessie G Books does not have access to any data collected as a result.